Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dell Saga Continues

So I called the number supplied by Dell in their email, which stated "Ce numero vous permet de nous joindre pour ce dossier sur une ligne prioritaire." This apparently translates in practice as - this priority line means you will have to wait just as long as usual.

I called the priority line and was put on hold for 5 minutes. When I ended up speaking to someone in the non-warranty department and had to point out that my warranty was still active, I was transferred to the under-warranty line and you guessed it – put on hold. Ironically the hold music was Bobby McFaren's Don't Worry, Be Happy. At long last, when I had the privilege of speaking to a person again I had to give my office telephone number because the guy claimed they had tried to reach me several times without success (despite evidence to the contrary). It's funny that Dell support appears to be the ONLY people who can't reach me on my mobile number. Once again I was put on hold.

At the end of the call the tech had the nerve to ask me if I was satisfied with the service. Uh, let me think about that. NO!! I told him that I was not satisfied because it took too long and was too difficult to resolve the problem. He said that someone would call me back today and we would definitely resolve the problem. Mr Tech Support then added that I had a nice accent in French. Sorry buddy, but that was not the time to try charm me.

So far I've sent 2 emails and have spent about 40 minutes on the phone with Dell (at least 30 minutes of which on hold) and my computer issue still has not been resolved. At this rate, I may need to steal the Brit's idea and send Dell an invoice for my time.

No comments: