Monday, November 26, 2007

RER stabbing


Occasionally something happens in/around Paris that I hope my parents don’t hear about because it will make them worry (more than they already do). Yesterday a student named Anne-Lorraine was stabbed on RER D by a convicted rapist. She was still alive when she was discover but died soon after. The story doesn’t seem to have much news coverage, but there are a few links below where you can read about it. The nutcase who did this should be locked away in a dungeon for life with various creatures gnawing away at his appendages. And that’s being charitable…
Whom Will France Mourn? A Tale of an Accident and a Murder
Fait divers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's absolutely horrible. I hadn't heard about it. I've always felt safe on the trains, but I may need to rethink that.

I'm an American living in the southeast suburbs. I take the RER-D every time I go to Paris.

A (Parisian) Seattleite back in Seattle said...

I don't take the RER often since I live and work in the city, but I also felt pretty safe. Until hearing about this stabbing, I thought pick-pockets were my biggest metro/RER concern.